It was an honor for us to attend the 2018 National Police Week events held in Washington DC this past May. Volunteer representatives from our team took part in memorials and conference sessions throughout the week, advocating on key issues like Police safety, recruitment and training. American Police Officers Alliance‘s Board Members canvassed the event, […]
For those who enforce the law, the appointment of a new Justice on the Supreme Court, the highest court in the land and final authority on the laws of congress and the constitution, can have an impact that lasts years. With the retirement of Justice Anthony Kennedy who often provided the deciding vote in Supreme […]
Our examination of hot button issues impacting police work (see Police Use Body Worn Video, A Brief History) continues with another that has come up recently, the use by law enforcement officers of facial recognition systems (FRS), specifically a system provided to police by Amazon, called Rekognition. Police have been using FRS for several years, but […]
- Why Civilian Oversight Boards of Police are a Short-Sighted Idea
- American Police Officers Alliance Attends National Sheriffs Association Conference in Washington D.C.
- American Police Officers Alliance Attends National Sheriffs Association Conference
- American Police Officers Alliance Focuses 2019 on Police Oversight Board Advocacy
- Who Serves on Police Oversight Boards?