There has been a lot of discussion in the news lately about consent decrees. Recently, the focus has been on Chicago, but what is a consent decree for police departments? After a long civil rights investigation, the Justice Department found a history of problems within the Chicago Police Department that has been putting its officers and […]
Nothing undermines the sense of safety in a community than violent crimes, and in several major cities, police have struggled with the demands put on them to combat the causes of these crimes. Violent crimes are a category of crimes that are part of the annual FBI report (the Uniform Crime Reporting Program) on crime data in America. […]
Police Departments Should Look at the Value of Body Armor before Making Budget Decisions By Daniel Stuebs In our times of increasing societal turmoil and political divisions our police officers are facing violent offenders and the threat of harm against them. For this reason, increasing research on body armor is important to protecting our men […]
- The Administrative State Should not Stand in the Way of Quality Policing
- Cities with Police Oversight Boards
- American Police Officers Alliance Attends Annual National Sheriffs’ Association Winter Legislative & Technology Conference in Washington, D.C.
- What is a Consent Decree for Police Departments?
- American Police Officers Alliance Attends National Sheriffs’ Association Winter Legislative & Technology Conference in Washington, D.C.