ARLINGTON, Virginia – The American Police Officers Alliance has released its National Police Week survey results. They captured 238 surveys while they were in attendance in Washington D.C. The first question asked on the survey was if they believe elected officials are doing enough to support our police officers in terms of providing safety equipment. […]
Nothing undermines the sense of safety in a community than violent crimes, and in several major cities, police have struggled with the demands put on them to combat the causes of these crimes. Violent crimes are a category of crimes that are part of the annual FBI report (the Uniform Crime Reporting Program) on crime data in America. […]
What is the first question that comes to mind when there is a financial crisis? What funds can we cut back on? Unfortunately, for law enforcement officers, pensions have the potential of getting cut. People are afraid of retirement because of this exact reason. People rely on it as financial security throughout their retirement because […]
This edition of our Police Tech series examines gunfire locators, another addition to the arsenal of technological tools that help improve police response times, preparation and potentially lower crime. In one situation, a mass shooter was in custody 4 minutes and and 13 seconds after his first shot, with police attributing their speed to gunfire […]
Police Departments Should Look at the Value of Body Armor before Making Budget Decisions By Daniel Stuebs In our times of increasing societal turmoil and political divisions our police officers are facing violent offenders and the threat of harm against them. For this reason, increasing research on body armor is important to protecting our men […]
- The Administrative State Should not Stand in the Way of Quality Policing
- Cities with Police Oversight Boards
- American Police Officers Alliance Attends Annual National Sheriffs’ Association Winter Legislative & Technology Conference in Washington, D.C.
- What is a Consent Decree for Police Departments?
- American Police Officers Alliance Attends National Sheriffs’ Association Winter Legislative & Technology Conference in Washington, D.C.