November was a pivotal month for our organization and our country as a whole. On November 2, the Minneapolis measure to disband the police department failed!
Following the news of the failed measure, we discussed what’s next for Minneapolis and how this will affect other big cities across the country.
This month we announced our newest Advisory Committee member and partnership with Sheriff Richard Mack. We are thrilled to bring you his many years of knowledge and experience through our new page “Sheriff Mack’s Beat”, via monthly blogs and emails.
Sheriff Mack shared his opinions on the Minneapolis results and the election in Virginia, read more here.
- Cleveland voters boost civilian oversight of the police department
- Austin voters reject ballot proposition to hire more police officers
- Seattle defunded the police. Now desperate for cops, they’re offering up to $25k bonuses for new hires
- Fla. governor calls for new election police force
- Republican “easily” wins City Attorney seat in far-left Seattle, beating out anti-police opponent
- KING 5 poll: 37% believe Washington’s reform laws made policing worse
- Albany Community Police Review Board discusses new direction after voters expand its powers
- New legislation proposed to help provide mental health services to first responders struggling with PTSD
- Here we go again: Portland declares riot as protesters throw urine, projectiles at cops and try to burn down Justice Center