Daniel Stuebs, kicked off the year with his Executive Director’s Report for 2020. This report is a chance to reflect on the year and take a look ahead at plans for the new year. Daniel Steubs also shares an opinion piece on the Floyd’s Law Initiative, a very dangerous precedent that impacts officers and citizens. Also, from the board, President Ryan Meyer discusses the underrated Shop With a Cop Program and talks about its ability to unite a community with their local police officers.
Though a new year, the issue of Covid-19 is still very relevant. With the new vaccine now being distributed, we discuss why police officers should be priority to receive it.
- Philly’s violent year: Nearly 500 people were killed and 2,200 shot in 2020
- “Police protection” law goes into effect in Georgia, which will target criminals who harass or attack first responders
- Burlington City Council fails to override veto of new police oversight board
- Colorado’s red flag law is one year old. Here’s who’s using the law to confiscate guns — and why.
- Florida deputy killed just one shift before he was set to retire
- Sheriff: Devastating legislation will negatively impact safety
- Bill Would Exempt Law Enforcement From Enforcing Public Health Guidelines
- Police oversight, racial justice are among bills introduced Tuesday in the Nebraska Legislature
- Increasing accountability, giving police auditor more power among council proposals for Akron police