Daniel Stuebs, kicked off the year with his Executive Director’s Report for 2020. This report is a chance to reflect on the year and take a look ahead at plans for the new year. Daniel Steubs also shares an opinion piece on the Floyd’s Law Initiative, a very dangerous precedent that impacts officers and citizens. Also, from the board, President Ryan Meyer discusses the underrated Shop With a Cop Program and talks about its ability to unite a community with their local police officers.
Though a new year, the issue of Covid-19 is still very relevant. With the new vaccine now being distributed, we discuss why police officers should be priority to receive it.
Stayed tuned for new content coming to the Grassroots Police Advocacy Training Program soon, if you haven’t signed up yet you can do so today!
- Philly’s violent year: Nearly 500 people were killed and 2,200 shot in 2020
- “Police protection” law goes into effect in Georgia, which will target criminals who harass or attack first responders
- Burlington City Council fails to override veto of new police oversight board
- Colorado’s red flag law is one year old. Here’s who’s using the law to confiscate guns — and why.
- Florida deputy killed just one shift before he was set to retire
- Sheriff: Devastating legislation will negatively impact safety
- Bill Would Exempt Law Enforcement From Enforcing Public Health Guidelines
- Police oversight, racial justice are among bills introduced Tuesday in the Nebraska Legislature
- Increasing accountability, giving police auditor more power among council proposals for Akron police